MTP is an FDA approved drug indicated for termination of unplanned pregnancy up to 9 weeks (63 days) in women. It is a type of medical abortion and it does not involve any surgical instruments like scissors or any other shape tools. MTP KIT contains total 5 pills, 1 pill of Mifepristone and 4 pills of Misoprostol. This medication adheres to high safety protocol to end pregnancy.
Thousands of the female face unwanted pregnancy every day, which occurs because of various reasons. In the earlier days, women face difficulty to terminate their unplanned pregnancy. They do not have proper access to safety methods of abortion. But in the recent years, women have gain access over safety and secure methods of abortion. One of the best and safe methods to terminate unwanted pregnancy is MTP KIT. Medical termination of pregnancy (MTP KIT) provides an option to end unintended pregnancy.
It facilitates the low risk method to end early pregnancy caused by various disorders such as malfunction disorder, heart disorder, diabetes etc. Under these situations, abortion becomes vital. MTP KIT provides an option to end pregnancy in a confidential and safe way. It is a friendly KIT that provides option to millions of women to live happily. The success rate of using MTP KIT is up to 100% if used in correct manner.
Mechanism of Action:
Mifepristone and Misoprostol in MTP KIT are very much effective to end pregnancy. Mifepristone is an anti-progesterone hormone that slows down the action of progesterone hormone and tone down the intensity of progesterone that is necessary to continue pregnancy. It make cervix to become soften and shed the uterine line to separate the fetus from the womb of mother. Misoprostol helps in the relaxation of uterine walls and take way the dead fetus, placenta and embryo along with blood and blood clot.
Intake of this drug:
MTP kit compromise of total 5 tablets in which 1 tablet of Mifepristone (200mg) and 4 Tablets of Misoprostol (200mcg each).
- Day 1: One tablet of Mifepristone is taken orally with full glass of water.
- Day 2: Four tablets of Misoprostol are taken either orally or vaginally after 24 to 48 hours of Mifepristone. If this drug is taken by vaginal route then use 2 to 3 drops of saline or distilled water in order to avoid vaginal infection.
- Day 14: No drugs are taken between 2 to 14 days. Patient should visit to nearby hospital for an examination of complete end of pregnancy with the help of sonography or ultrasound.
Patient may face some common side effects such as headache, heavy cramping, sickness, muscle pain, fever, vomiting, nausea, pain in pelvic region, painful bleeding, stomach pain, dizziness, annoyance, inflammation of vagina, abnormal bleeding which is more painful than the normal menstrual bleeding.
MTP KIT should not be taken under mentioned conditions:
- In case of ectopic pregnancy or adrenal porphyria, do not use this drug.
- If the patient is hypersensitive toward Mifepristone or Misoprostol or any other ingredient present in it.
- If the pregnancy is more than of 9 weeks (63 days).
If case of any intra uterine devices placed, remove them before using MTP KIT.
If the patient suffering from ovarian and endometrial problems.
- If having a history of leukemia and anemia, avoid using this kit.
Safety precautions that one must take after abortion:
- Avoid inserting intra uterine devices into the vagina as it can cause the risk of vaginal infection.
- Avoid intimacy session with your partner for few days.
- Avoid performing activities that put extra pressure on pelvic region.
- Do not bath in open area as it can lead to cause pelvic pain.
- Eat healthy diet such as nutritive, vitamin and iron containing food after abortion to improve health condition and blood loss.